Because this is a mixed dozen, it has to be added to your cart in multiples of 12 bottles. This mixed dozen has been priced at $31.66 per bottle because $31.66 x 12 = $379.92, which is the correct price to pay for it. This represents a discount of just over 30%.
There are 5 different individual wines in this mixed dozen. There is a total of 6 bottles of red wine, 2 bottles of rosé, 3 bottles of white, and 1 bottle of Champagne. Click on the title of each wine to read more.
In descending order of price they are:
- Champagne André Legrand. A blend of Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier, and Chardonnay.
Delicate hints of yeast lees, lemon tart, toasted biscuits, cocoa powder, tea, smoke, vegemite, roasted cashews, and other complexing notes, while the palate is dry with great bite, tangy and long. Usually $75.95 per bottle. One bottle in this mixed dozen
- Château Palais Cardinal “Grand Vin” Saint-Émilion Grand Cru 2020. 73% Merlot, 23% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 4% Cabernet Franc blend. Splendid nose, vibrant lifted fruit, sexy oak, intense, layered, and decadent, smoke and jam notes, sizzling bacon smokiness, while the palate is big, juicy, and ripe, great tannin that’s firm and fine, long and mouth-filling. Given the quality, this is extremely good value for money. Usually $59.95 per bottle. Three bottles in this mixed dozen.
- Bruyère et Davide “Plaisir” Syrah from the northern Rhône 2022. 100% Syrah AKA Shiraz. Intense Shiraz fruit, blueberry and cassis, but still with wonderful black pepper and cinnamon spice hints, the autograph of Shiraz from this northern sector of the Rhône. Magically inviting aromatics then lead seamlessly into a heart-melting palate of juicy volume, satin smoothness, and ultra fine tannin on the finish. Usually $45.95 per bottle. Three bottles in this mixed dozen.
- Château Haut-Riot Bordeaux WHITE 2022. 100% Sauvignon Blanc. High impact fruit from the stunning 2022 vintage, with a complexing twist of lemongrass, ginger, and juniper, while the palate is very lively, dry, crisp, and refreshing. Screaming value-for-money. Usually $22.95 per bottle. Three bottles in this mixed dozen.
- Château Haut-Riot “Cuvée Juliette” Bordeaux rosé 2022. A blend of Merlot, Cabernet Franc, and Cabernet Sauvignon. Bright and delicate berry fruit and floral notes, while the palate is crisp and dry with a savoury twist that I think is unique to the flavour profile of Bordeaux rosé and makes it highly food-friendly and a level of seriousness above rosé from, for instance, Provence. Extremely tasty rosé! Usually $22.95 per bottle. Two bottles in this mixed dozen.
There are 5 different individual wines in this mixed dozen. There is a total of 6 bottles of red wine, 2 bottles of rosé, 3 bottles of white, and 1 bottle of Champagne.
How to order.
This works out at $545.40 of wine for today’s special price of $379.92 , which represents a discount of just over 30%. Please note that today’s special price only applies to these wines when they are ordered as this suggested mixed dozen.
Because this is a mixed dozen, it has to be added to your cart in multiples of 12. So to order one of these mixed dozens, put 12 bottles in your cart, or to order two of these mixed dozens, put 24 bottles in your cart, etc. This mixed dozen has been priced at $31.66 per bottle because $31.66 x 12 = $379.92, which is the correct price to pay for it.
Please also note that if the stock counter towards the top of this page is showing “792 in stock”, for example, that means that there are 66 mixed dozens available because 792 divided by 12=66. Or if it showed there were “12 in stock” that doesn’t mean that there are 12 of these suggested mixed dozens available but actually just one of them because 12 divided by 12=1, etc. In other words, the stock count figure shows the total number of bottles not the number of dozens available.